The recalled apples were distributed through retail stores in Michigan, Georgia, Missouri, Indiana and Ohio and consist of the following types of apples sold or distributed by Jack Brown Produce, Inc. under the brand name “Apple Ridge”:
- Honeycrisp apples in two-pound clear plastic bags;
- Lot numbers affected: NOI 159, 160, 173
- Gala, Fuji, and Golden Delicious apples in 3-pound clear plastic bags;
- Lot numbers affected: Golden Delicious: NOI 168, Fuji: NOI 163, 165, 167, 169, 174; Gala: NOI 164, 166
- Fuji and Gala apples in 5-pound red-netted mesh bags;
- Fuji: NOI 163, 165, 167, 169, 174; Gala: NOI 164, 166
- Gala, Fuji and Honeycrisp apples that were tray-packed/individually sold.
- Fresh Pak fruit tray w/cheese snack, 6.9 oz.
- Fresh Pak Apple slices, Gala, 9 oz.
- Fresh Pak apple slices, mixed, 9 oz.
- Aunt Mid’s apple slices, Clamshell, 2.2 oz.
Consumers who have purchased Gala, Fuji, Honeycrisp and Golden Delicious Apples under the brand name “Apple Ridge” on or after December 11, 2017 are urged to destroy the product and contact Jack Brown Produce, Inc. for a full refund.
Consumers with questions may contact the company at 616-887-9568 (Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. ET) and ask for Lisa Ingalls.